Serrated disc springs are a form of disc spring serrated on both sides of a trapezoid cross section. Because their diameters are matched to screw dimensions, the serrated disc springs can be used with practically any screw or bolt. The outer diameter of the serrated disc spring will match up to the head diameter of pan head and hexagon socket head cap screws, including recessed heads.
CAD files for stock and standard serrated disc washers are available for download in MW OnDemand.
Serrated Disc Washers Overview
Serrated disc springs are ideal for use with almost any screw or bolt and offer the following advantages:
• Locking effect at the outside diameter ensures the greatest resistance to loosening
• Positive locking serrations increase resistance to vibration
• Concentric application of force eliminates bending bolts
• Sliding surfaces allow tightening with no surface damage
• With proper transitional radius between bolt shaft and head, there is no splitting when tightening
• Suitable for captive fitting on a wide range of bolts
• Minimizes stock with universal applications
Custom Serrated Disc Washers
All our disc springs are subject to exacting manufacturing and quality control standards. All discs are preset so that they will not significantly relax under load over time. MW also offers pre-stressed disc springs specifically sized for use with bolts.
Send us your specs or configure a washer.
Serrated Disc Washers Manufacturing & Configurations
We offer two series configurations to choose from depending on expected loads and sizing needed for your specific application. OD and ID are the same for both series. Both configurations are generally manufactured from spring steel or corrosion resistant steel; however, stainless steel and other metals may be accommodated for custom orders.
MW stocks standard and specialty materials of all types. Below are some commonly requested materials used to manufacture serrated disc springs and washers.
- Spring Steel
- Stainless Steel
- Corrosion Resistant Steel
- Specialty Metals
Serrated Disc Washer Configurations
The “Light Series” is suitable for normal duty, and is available for screw sizes: .063" to 1.417".
Our “Reinforced Series” is thicker, achieves higher pretension loads, and is available for screw sizes .197" to 1.181".