Foundation shims are steel shims that are used as spacers when repairing a structure's foundation. They are produced from a solid steel plate and made to withstand exorbitant amounts of pressure during the leveling process. They are generally produced without a coating, so they retain a standard steel finish.
- Standard thicknesses range from 1/16” to 1”
- Available in 2”, 3”, and 4” square profiles.
- Saw cut and deburred – for ease of handling.
Foundation Shim Manufacturing
Our line of foundation shims are produced similarly to our standard shims with an uncoated finish. They are produced using either A36 or 1018 grade carbon steel to ensure that they hold up to intense applied pressure which occurs during house leveling. They are cut to size using saw cutting and are deburred in finishing to ensure exceptional performance.
These shims can be stacked in multiples for optimum spacing or can be used in conjunction with 2" x 8" concrete blocks to shim against the grade beam of a structure. These shims fill gaps between the bottom of a grade beam of said structure and the top of the concrete pile cap.
*Custom sizes are available. Request a quote to learn more.
|2" x 2"||A||X||X||X||X||X||X||X||X|
|3" x 3"||B||X||X||X||X||X||X||X||X|
|4" x 4"||C||X||X||X||X||X||X||X||X|
MW generally produces thick shims using one of the below materials. If your application requires specialty materials or measurements, contact us for a custom quote.
- A36 Steel
- 1018 Steel
Steel Foundation Shims
Our steel foundation shims are intended to be used as spacers for foundation repair. Fabricated from solid steel plate to withstand extreme pressures applied during house leveling, steel foundation shims have an uncoated, bright steel finish.
- Shims are 1/4 in. thick but may be stacked together to provide optimum spacing
- Use in conjunction with 2 in. x 8 in. concrete blocks to shim against grade beam of house
- Metal shims are used to fill the gap between the bottom of the grade beam of the house and the top of the concrete pile cap being installed