Vacuum Bellows / Conflat Bellows
Vacuum bellows like conflat bellows or UHV bellows are often used to create vacuum chambers or join manifolds to pumps in applications that require conflat flanges or fittings to create a metal seal in order to achieve vacuum conditions. A gasket and thin metal flange combine to make a leak-tight vacuum barrier. The primary advantage of conflat bellows is that they are a bolt-in solution that allows for easy assembly onsite.
MW Components manufacturers standard and custom metal bellows and metal bellows assemblies fit for a variety of applications and industries including cryogenics, aerospace, semiconductor, medical, and more. We produce stock conflat bellows and custom vacuum bellows, including rotatable and non-rotatable conflat bellows styles. Our high-quality vacuum bellows with conflat flange design are produced to tight tolerances using edge-welded technology and hydroforming technology.
|Custom||Yes||Request a Quote|
|Stock & Standard||Yes||View Conflat Bellows|
Custom Vacuum Bellows Assemblies
MW Components custom manufactures bellows assemblies like ultra-high vacuum bellows assemblies, expansion joints, valve bellows assemblies, aneroid bellows assemblies, volume compensator bellows, and atherm metal bellows assemblies designed to meet the unique functional needs and size requirements of our customers. We produce bellows and bellows assemblies using a variety of manufacturing methods and work with you to determine the best production method for your application, required tolerances, and budget. Our bellows production facilities offer the highest quality production technology and state-of-the-art CNC machining, automation, and welding, with exceptional customer service throughout the process. We also offer in-house testing to ensure performance and repeatability, including helium leak testing, cycle testing, and pressure testing.
To work with our design and engineering experts to develop a custom bellows product specific to your needs, fill out and submit our custom bellows design form.
Vacuum Bellows Manufacturing
MW Components combines exceptional engineering, state-of-the-art manufacturing, extremely close dimensional tolerances, and decades of experience to deliver top-quality metal bellows for any application. Our vacuum bellows are produced using stainless steel (304L SS, 316 SS) or other specialty materials and fall into the below ranges.
- Temperature Range: -420° to 1500° F
- OD Range: 0.25” up to 43-50” (43" tooled, 50" not tooled)
- Length: up to 200' (varies by ID size and material)
- Stroke: up to 90%
- Materials: stainless steel (300 series), Inconel®, Hastelloy®, Haynes 242, titanium, copper, Monel™, brass, and phosphorus bronze
Advantages of Vacuum Bellows
MW Components' vacuum bellows have a number of advantages, including:
- Reliable operation through millions of repeatable cycles
- High flexibility
- Up to 90% stroke length
- Superb vibration damping protects delicate equipment
- Maximum durability and reduced mechanical fatigue
- Outstanding resistance to corrosive or harsh environments
- High-temperature endurance
- Cryogenic temperature compatibility
Optional Customizations for Vacuum Bellows
Our vacuum bellows are produced using precision edge-welding technology, which allows for multiple end configurations and fittings. As an expert bellows manufacturer, we also offer a variety of non-standard manufacturing processes and customizations including the below.
- Rotatable and non-rotatable styles
- Multiple flange sizes in one assembly
- Customization to standard conflats available (holes, slots, etc.)
- Through-hole (clearance hole) and tapped-hole flange styles
- Custom end-configurations
- Specialty UHV-rated packaging
Have a question or need a quote? Get in touch.
Our team includes engineers, manufacturing process professionals, and other experts who can help you get the part you need. Contact us today and we'll put you in touch with an expert who can help.